Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Monday, January 10, 2011

Candy Cane Cookies.

I know that Christmas has come and gone but I still wanted to share these wonderful, delicious treats that I made.  I used a recipe from a Company's Coming cookbook that I got as a wedding gift.  It is from Most Loved Treats.  I did a quick google search and found it online, including other similar recipes with other variations, so if you are interested, you can check them out here.  The second recipe is the same one I used, by Company's Coming.

Once you have made the dough, they suggest seperating it into two pieces, and colouring one of them red.  As you can see, I decided to use green as well, so seperated the dough into three pieces.

It took me a few tries to get the right amount of dough to roll out nice, and I even twisted them wrong the first few times.  Not that it still didn't work, but when I finally figured it out, it was much easier.  My first few cookies were also huge.  It was easier to roll out with more dough, but trust me that you should stick to the suggested 1 tsp. of each colour.  Roll out each colour and then pinch the edges together. 


Next twist the two rolls several times, and then shape into a candy cane.  Don't over complicate it like I did.  To start I tried to keep the bottom of the cookie flat- don't!  Here is what your cookie will look like with one twist...then do a bunch more!


I made red and white candy canes, green and white candy canes, and red and green candy canes.  So many options and everyone loved them.  Mmmm!


Bake at 350 F for 10 mins, cool and enjoy!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and is enjoying the new year so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...