Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Monday, April 16, 2012

Easy Fruit Smoothie


I have always loved making homemade smoothies, but I hate cleaning up the blender afterwards.  I finally purchased a single serving blender and LOVE it!  These things are awesome, and there are lots of options that are very reasonably priced.  I have the G&E and it was under $20 and works great.

Here is a really quick and easy fruit smoothie that I make a lot. 

Easy Fruit Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen fruit
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
3/4 milk


Add 1 cup of frozen fruit of your choice.  I really like something with mango in it!


Add some low-fat Vanilla yogurt, approximately 1/4 cup.


My cups have a max fill line, so I add approximately 3/4 cup of milk. 


Put on the blending lid and blend together for approximately one minute.  I often take it off, shake it up a little bit and then put back on the blender for another 15-20 seconds.


Add a straw and enjoy!!


Interested in some other options?
Sometimes I use orange juice instead of milk, or half and half. Need a little extra fiber in your diet?  Add some Branbuds just before you blend it up.  Want to make it a dessert?  Add some ice cream.  Want to make it look beautiful and taste great?  Add a dollop of whipped cream and top with a strawberry.  All of these options are delicious! 

I would love to hear what you do to make your smoothies extra special!  Leave a comment so that I can try them out!



2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I know sometimes mom adds a splash of the flavored coffee creams, like the French vanilla or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, I like the sound of that! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...