Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Saturday, April 21, 2012

Black Bottom Cupcakes

I had some bananas froze that I have been waiting to use for a while, so when I came across this recipe on Bakerella's website recently, I tried it that very day!  They are now long gone, but with more bananas in the freezer, I have a feeling I might get to enjoy them again soon.

Black Bottom Cupcakes
Source: Bakerella

Cream Cheese Mixture
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 small banana, pureed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips


Chocolate Mixture
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large bananas, pureed
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

For the cream cheese mixture:
Beat cream cheese and sugar until nice and fluffy.
Add banana, egg and vanilla and mix together until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.


For the chocolate mixture:
Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, soda and salt using a wire whisk.
Add bananas, oil and vanilla and mix together on low until combined.


Use a large scoop to fill cupcake liners with batter.
Repeat topping the cupcake batter with the cream cheese mixture.


Bake for about 30 minutes or until done.


Next time, I think I will add less of the chocolate mixture to each cupcake, and more of the cream cheese mixture.  I loved the taste of the cream cheese topping, and could definately have added more, considering I had a few tablespoons leftover.


This recipe makes about 15-18 delicious cupcakes.  The banana flavour is quite mild, but this recipe is a great way to use up some old bananas...but it works great with fresh bananas too!

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by SwankyMomsClub.com! Love your blog! Have to try this recipe for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...