Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Saturday, January 23, 2010

First Fondant Cake

I am currently taking the Wilton Fondant and Gum Past Class at Micheals. My last class was cancelled after I already had my cake baked and covered with Fondant so I decided to play around a little bit and this is what I came up with.



I love the colour pink, so I decided to make a couple different shades. After searching cakes online, I new that I loved the 'ball' border along the bottom- I think it is so cute. From there I cut out different sizes of circles and randomly placed them around the cake...doing my best to cover up my mistakes! haha!



Fondant will definatley take some getting used to, but I can already tell it is going to be fun. My biggest struggle so far is getting it rolled out nicely with no creases in it, but I am sure practice will help with this. I am sure Michaels will also get some more money out of me to buy some great tools to help me with fondant!
I can't wait to continue to work with this icing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...