Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Friday, January 15, 2010

Wiltone Course 2: Final Cake!



Throughout Wilton Course 2: Flowers & Borders, we used Buttercream Icing and Royal Icing. Royal Icing hardens quickly and is like candy. During the 2nd and 3rd class we made a variety of flowers that we then placed on our final cake during the 4th class.

The basket weave was a bit tedious, but was easier then expected- and it looks pretty neat too. Next time I would do another level on top as my border didn't end up covering as low as I thought it would, but I figure it's pretty good for a first attempt.

The birds were made using a colour flow/royal icing- another great technique to use.

I figure this would be a great Easter/Spring Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...