Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Friday, February 10, 2012

Cookie Dough Truffles

I fell in love with truffles last year when I made the most delicious Oreo Truffles, so when I came across this recipe for Cookie Dough Truffles, I new I had to try them.  I mean, who doesn't love to steal a little bite of cookie dough when they're baking?

I took these to a surpirse birthday party the other night and they were a big hit.  My biggest mistake was that I didn't think to cut one in half for a picture until they were all gone, but check out the source blogs below for more great pictures, including instructions for making them into Cake Pops from Baked Perfection.

Cookie Dough Truffles

Source: Macaroni and Cheesecake, adapted from Baked Perfection
Makes about 20-24

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
dash of cinnamon
1 stick butter, softened (it's okay if it is melting a little)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I only had regular size chocolate chips so I chopped them up with a knife into 3 or 4 smaller pieces...a little time consuming but worked great)
1/2 package chocolate candy melts  (I used 3 blocks of a package of Almond Bark, chopped into smaller pieces)

Directions:
In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, and dash of cinnamon.
In a second larger bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Roll the mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Chill for several hours or freeze for 15-20 minutes until firm.
Melt candy melts in the microwave, heating them in 30 sec intervals, and stirring in between. I melted the chocolate in 3 groups so that the chocolate stayed nice and smooth.
Gently dip the cookie dough ball into the candy coating by placing it on a fork and rolling in the chocolate until coated. Once covered remove and softly tap the fork on the side of the bowl until the excess chocolate falls off. Place on parchment or wax paper until set.

I added a some red swirls over the chocolate to make them a little prettier.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...