Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Friday, February 24, 2012

Oreo Cookie Bark

I found this recipe and new I had to try it since we love Oreo's in our house. It is pretty tasty, but I must admit, the Oreo Truffles are still my favourite Oreo treat.  Let me know what you think!

Oreo Cookie Bark
Source: Macaroni and Cheesecake

Ingredients:
4 squares Baker’s semi-sweet baking chocolate
3 squares Baker’s premium white baking chocolate
1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
5 oreo cookies

The original recipe was doubled, but I just wanted enough for us to enjoy at home.  This was more than enough for the two of us.  I think next time I might try it with milk chocolate.

Directions:

Place semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate in separate microwaveable bowls. Microwave until completely melted, following the package directions. Add peanut butter to white chocolate. Stir until well blended. Crumble half the oreos into each of the bowls of chocolate. Mix well.


Drope spoonfulls of mixture onto a wax paper covered baking sheet, alternating the colors of chocolate. Cut through mixture with knife for marbling effect.


Refrigerate at leaet 1 hour or until firm.


Break into pieces.


Enjoy!  (My recipe made about double this amount.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...