Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Thursday, February 23, 2012

French Breakfast Puffs

One of the first food blogs that I started to follow was the Pioneer Woman, mostly because she also had a section about photography.  Last year, while living in Oklahoma, a dear friend shared the Pioneer Woman's cookbook.  I had so much fun flipping through the recipes and stubbled across many that I wanted to try...including this one for French Breakfast Puffs.  I just finally got around to trying it this past week and they are absolutely delightful!  I was not disappointed and know that I will be making them again.

Recipe: Adapted from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients


For Muffins:3 cups Flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (Original recipe called for Ground Nutmeg but I didn't have any)
1 cup Sugar
2/3 cups Shortening (Crisco)
2 whole Eggs
1 cup Milk

For Coating:
1 cup Sugar
3 teaspoons Cinnamon
2 sticks Butter

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.

In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a different bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening. Add the eggs and mix again. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.


Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden.

In a bowl, melt 1-1/2 sticks butter. Feel free to melt 2 sticks right away, but I didn't use all of mine so next time I will start by melting 1-1/2 sticks.  In a separate bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon.


Dip baked muffins in butter, coating thoroughly.



Coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture...don't be cheap!!  If you run out, feel free to add more sugar and cinnamon together.  The original recipe called for an extra cup of sugar but my recipe made 16 muffins and this is all I used. 


They are delicious, and best served warm.  About 25 seconds in the microwave reheats them perfectly from in the fridge, or a minute if you decide to freeze some.


ENJOY and let me know what you think!  I am so excited that I can cross off another recipe from my Top 100 list!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...