Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Thursday, February 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Snicker Mini Cheesecake

Yeah!  I am so excited to begin trying some recipes off of my Top 100 list.  This was one of the first recipes I came across when building my list and I just could not wait to try it.  Trust me that they did not disappoint!  My mouth is watering just thinking about them...good thing I still have a few left.

I have been wanting to try a cheesecake for a while now, as I have not made one since Home Economics class in high school.  When I came across this recipe I knew that it was the perfect way to reintroduce myself to the world of cheesecakes, and I look forward to making more in the near future. 

Peanut Butter Snickers Mini Cheesecakes
Source: Macaroni and Cheesecake, adapted from Picky Palate
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes

Ingredients:

For the Crust:
1 cup graham crackers crumbs
2 tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp. heavy cream (I used half & half)
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. vanilla
6 Fun Size Snickers Candy Bars, chopped

For Topping:
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp. heavy cream (I used half & half)
3 Fun Size Snickers, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.

Crust:
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt.  Pour in melted butter and stir until all crumbs look slightly moist. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the muffin tin, distributing evenly. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.

Filling:
Beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter on medium speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides to ensure it is all incorporated. Add in the egg, cream, sugar and salt until well combined. Stir in chopped snickers. Evenly spoon the cheesecake batter over the crust.  Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until cheesecakes are set in the middle. Let cool on the counter for 2 hours, then run a butter knife around the outside edge of each cheesecake and pop it out.

Topping:
Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe container in 30 second intervals, until smooth. Stir in cream and stir until smooth & glossy. Spoon the ganache over the cheesecakes and top with additional chopped snickers. Place cheesecakes in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes until ganache has set. Serve & enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Here they are:

Trust me, they are super easy and so DELISH!  It would be easy to switch up the chocolate bar too if you have others around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...