Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies

Every time we get together with friends, I love to bake a special treat to take along.  I was flattered when Richard came home for practice one day and said some of the guys had asked him if I would make a dessert for their Coach's Supper.  Of course I said yes, and I new exactly which recipe I wanted to try, as my mouth had been watering since I saw them on Kevin & Amanda.

Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies
Source: Kevin & Amanda



 Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1- 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a standard size muffin tin with cooking spray.

2. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to the wet ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined. Add 1 cup chocolate chips and stir to combine.

3. Place 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, microwaving for an additional 30 seconds until all the chips are softened.


4. Using half the cookie dough, scoop 1.5-2 tbsp of dough, flatten it out a bit, and place in the bottom of the muffin tin. Repeat for a total of 10-12 cookies. Take a spoonful of the melted chocolate and place it over the cookie. Scoop and flatten the remaining dough and place on top of the chocolate layer.


5.Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are just browned. As soon as they come out of the oven, run a knife around the edges to make for easy removing later. Cool completely before removing from the muffin tin, running a knife around the edge to help loosen.

These are also amazing served warm.  Microwave one for about 15 seconds and add a dollop of ice cream and some chocolate sauce for a mouth watering experience!  Mmmm!  Too bad I made these for someone else!  I did save a couple for Richard and I to try and they didn't disappoint.  I got lots of compliments from the guys too.  Go try them, you won't be disappointed!


ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...