Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ladies Night In: Cupcake Party!

I happened across the most amazing blog a few weeks back while revamping my blog.  It is called Kevin & Amanda and it has a little bit of everything on it including amazing recipes, photography and blogging tips, free fonts and so much more.  Oh, and her craft room is amazing and will be my inspiration when I can have a permanent crafting space!

I have tried a few of her recipes so far and am in love.  I will be sharing many of them in the coming weeks so stay tuned.  However, it was her post about her cupcake party that really got me excited!  Not only was it an evening to spend with friends, but they enjoyed tasting delicious cupcakes and each of them created a lovely cupcake inspired painting.  How much fun is that?!?  It reminded me so much of last spring in OKC when my friend Kristen and I enjoyed an evening of Wine & Canvas, recently renamed Wine & Palette.  We enjoyed an evening out at a restaurant in Bricktown including drink specials and step-by-step instructions for creating our own masterpiece to take home. 

We had a wonderful time and when I moved to Norfolk, I looked to see if they had anything similar.  Sadly, they do not, however, when I came across Kevin & Amanda's Cupcake Party post, I was inspired to create my own version of Wine and Canvas at home, with the help of Stephanie from All Artful.  Click on this link to view a tutorial on painting the cupcake with a class of milk.  It is wonderful!
Of course, a Cupcake Party would not be complete without a bunch of cupcakes to taste test!  I found three new recipes to try and was impressed with all of them.  My mouth is watering just thinking about them.  I will share the recipes I used in the coming week so make sure to check back!  Until then, enjoy these pictures of the most amazing flavours ever: 

Sugar Cookie Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting


S'More Cupcakes 


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

  
Is your mouth watering yet?  I can best describe these cupcakes with words like "Wow," "Amazing," or "Heaven."  They are so good.  My husband tried the Cookie Dough one first and now that is all he wants.  Even though I tell him the others are good too, he thinks it is impossible to top the Cookie Dough cupcake!

Oh, and we had Cupcake Wine too!
Now, when I invited the ladies over for a cupcake party, they did not realize that it was also a painting party.  When they arrived to see my apartment set up as a mini art studio, some were excited, others were a little nervous, and probably a few thought I was crazy.  They were all troupers and played along, and I must admit, these ladies are pretty talented! 

I hooked my computer up to our TV and played the video from All Artful so that everyone could see and listen to Stephanie explain the painting step-by-step.  I made my painting prior to the party so that I knew the steps and could help my guests.  I also knew one of the ladies had to work and was going to arrive a little later so I started hers for her.  We replayed certain parts and pressed pause so that everyone had time to paint their picture and let the paint dry.

The ladies at work: 



It was funny how quiet it would get because everyone was concentrating so hard.

Here are our finished projects!  I love how everyones' paintings are similar yet different.  Great job ladies!
All of the ladies with our finished paintings.  Thanks so much to all of you for coming over and making the evening so great.  You ladies are awesome and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!
(I told you they were talented!)

Are you interested in having your own Cupcake Painting Party?  You can easily host one with the help of All Artful and Kevin & Amanda.  If you have any questions, please leave a comment as I would love to help get you started!

2 comments:

  1. Look like so much fun! Wish I could partake in one of your creative events:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you doing your next one? I wanna come...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...