Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Saturday, March 10, 2012

S'Mores Cupcakes

Here is the third and final cupcake recipe from our Cupcake Party. 

If you have ever went camping with me, you know that I love to roast marshmallows over the fire.  Many of my friends joke that I would eat a whole bag by myself.  While they are exaggerating a little bit, I do love them, and every once and a while I enjoy making myself a Smore too.  When I saw this recipe with an actual marshmallow on top, I knew I had to try it.  Served warm, it is delicious and the marshmallow is so perfectly gooey!

S’mores Cupcakes
Source: adapted from Kevin & Amanda


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.

Graham Cracker Crust:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
5 tbsp butter, melted

In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Add 1 tablespoon graham cracker crust to the bottom of each cupcake liner. Press down with the back of a spoon to flatten, and bake at 350 for 5 mins.


Chocolate Cake:

Confession here...I was running out of ingredients as I was making so many cupcakes so I opted to use a Chocolate Cake mix that I had on hand.  It worked great.

Cupcake Assembly:

4 Hershey’s Bars (I didn't have enough, so I used chocolate chips too)
1 bag Jet-Puffed Marshmallows

Add a heaping 1 tablespoon of cupcake batter to the prepared cupcake liners, top with two pieces of a Hershey’s chocolate bar or several chocolate chips, and press down. Top with another heaping tablespoon of cupcake batter. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.


Top with a marshmallow and broil in the oven until golden brown, watching the entire time to avoid burning. To reheat, warm in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...