Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Friday, March 9, 2012

Sugar Cookie Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

When I was on my conquest to find some delicious cupcakes for my cupcake party, I came across the Vanilla Buttercream used by Georgetown Cupcakes from the show DC Cupcakes.  I new I wanted to try it, so I began searching for a white cupcake to pair it with.  When  I stumbled across a recipe for Sugar Cookie Cupcakes, I was very intrigued as I love sugar cookies.  After looking at the recipe, I decided that this was the cupcake that I was looking for to pair with this buttercream, and I was very pleased with the final product.  They tasted great together and I will definatley be using these recipes again in the near future! 

Sugar Cookie Cupcakes

Source: adapted from Baked Perfection

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups plain Greek yogurt


Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla, and mix again. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with plain Greek yogurt. Line your pans and add 1/4 cup of batter. The batter is quite thick.



Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Recipe makes approximately 30 cupcakes.

Georgetown Cupcake Buttercream Frosting
Source: Live with Kelly!

2 sticks of unsalted butter
4 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
1 tsp. whole milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt

Cream together the butter and confectioner's sugar for several minutes until well incorporated.  Add the remaining ingredients and continue beating until frosting is light and fluffy.  Put into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes once they are cool.


Mmmmm!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...