Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baseball

My family enjoys hockey in the winter and baseball in the summer.  We enjoy other sports as well, but these are our two favourites!  This past summer I created to baseball cakes.  The first was for my Dad's birthday.  I used the Wilton ball pan to make a 3-D baseball on top of an 8" circle.  I decorated it with buttercream icing.  I got the idea for this cake from a photo in a book that came with my decorating kit.  I was a little disappointed that my red icing appeared so pink.  I learned for the next time and bought premade red icing.  Definately the way to go for red and black icing!

The second baseball cake was for my Nephew's baseball team after they won Provincials. For this cake I made two huge square cakes filled with a Whipped Cream, Cream Cheese icing.  I also added a 3-D baseball in the outfield.  I put their team name and logo (The Cardinals) on the infield of the diamond.  I new I wanted to be able to use the sides of the cake to decorate, so I had to make it extra big.  Around the two front sides I wrote 'Congratulations Provincial Champs.'

I melted some white chocolate and then used red icing to make little baseballs.  I the put the name of each player, coach and manager on a baseball, along with one that said fans.  I then iced them onto the remaining sides of the cake, and filled in some of the spots on the front.

I hope that all of the players, parents and coaches enjoyed eating this cake as much as I enjoyed the opportunity to make it for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...