Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Sunday, September 19, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake

When my our niece told Richard that she wanted Strawberry Shortcake for her birthday, he replied, "Perfect, that's Auntie's favourite cake to make." Well, he was right. My favourite cake is simply a moist white cake, dripping with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Mmmm! He was also naive. I knew instantly that she wanted THE Strawberry Shortcake, after all, she did dress up as her last Halloween. I was a little intimated by the thought, but decided to give it a go! I had to change it from my original drawing a bit as it just wouldn't work for me, but I am happy with the end result!


I made a two layered 10" cake filled with Whipped Cream Cream Cheese frosting and Strawberries!  I then used buttercream to decorate the cake.  The little strawberry on the left hand side was made using a heartshaped cupcake.  The flowers along the bottom were licorise flowers.  I piped strawberries around the outer edge of the cake as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...