Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Saturday, November 6, 2010

Jewelery Box Cake

I made this jewelery box cake for Taryn's 7th birthday.  I used a square cake, cut it and layed one portion on top of the other.  I used graham crakers to make the sectionals on the top layer.  The 'lid' of the jewelery box was not edible as I made it using cardboard covered in tin foil and icing.  It was fun to add some candy heart rings and candy necklaces to the jewelery box.  The kids loved them!  


I added some colourful gumballs around the edge of the bottom drawer to add some colour and fun for the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...