Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Monday, November 15, 2010

Lemon Update

So, the lemon icing was delicious, but I found it a little strong for my tastebuds.  At first I thought it was too lemony, so I tried adding some salt and more powdered sugar.  After some more tasting by my husband and I, we decided that it was maybe too sweet.  Eventually, I decided to add some Cool Whip as I had some in my freezer.  I probably ended up adding close to two cups of Cool whip to the icing and it tasted soooo good.  Of course with so much Cool Whip, it was no longer an icing that I could use to decorate, but rather a glaze to put over the cupcakes.


Find the Lemon cupcakes and the Lemon Kissed Buttercream frosting at http://the-cupcakery-blog.blogspot.com/2008/02/week-8-lemon-cupcakes-with-lemon-kissed.html

The cupcakes have a light lemon taste that goes nicely with the frosting, but I would suggest not putting too much icing on top unless you love lemony sweetness. 

Here are some alterations that I made to the Frosting, making it more of a Glaze.

1 stick of unsalted butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp milk (1%)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups Cool Whip

I will update this post when I get around to making this a scond time since this time I was really just playing around and didn't keep track of exact measurements.  We really did like the taste of it though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...