Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Friday, June 22, 2012

Flat Stanley in Maui!

I was introduced to Flat Stanley back when I started teaching grade one.  I loved the story of the little boy who became flat when a bulletin board landed on him.  Being flat, he could fit in an envelope and travel the world.  Classes, usually around grade two, read the book and then do numerous activities.  My favourite is when they colour Stanley and send him to some family or friends that live in a different part of the country or world.  The person who receives Stanley is then responsible to show him around and take some photos of him on his adventures.  They then return him to the student along with a short write up about their adventures together.

I have seen some teachers make wonderful bulletin boards with a map in the middle, and then photos and letters of Stanley's adventures all around the outside.  It looks awesome when they place a string between the photos and the location of the map, so you know where in the world Stanly has visited!

I received my own Flat Stanley from a coworker over five years ago and I still take him with me.  Last summer, we took him to Maui with us, and I wanted to share a few of his adventures with you.  We went snorkeling at Black Rock, hiking at IAO Valley, and suntanned at Big Beach.  Pretty good vacation, don't you think?


Have you ever heard of Flat Stanley?  I would love to know if you have ever shown Stanley around, or where you would take him if he came to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...